Thursday, January 26, 2012

Queens, Grannies And Other Interesting SL Residents

 This will be an ongoing blog series about people in Second Life that add interest to our SL experience and overall enhance the general landscape of Second Life.

The very first interesting Second Life resident that I am have chosen to interview is Bob McBoint. I met Bob a few months ago in SL at a live music concert. Where right away I noticed what a charming woman she is.

She quickly became one of my favorite concert goers! She has a charm and whit that is matched by none and an amazing sense of style. Bob is a true lady who handles herself with class and decorum. Okay, maybe not so much decorum.

I sat down this evening to interview Bob about her experience in SL. I must say, Bob's experiences in Second Life have been very unique if not scandalous! You can check out Bob's Blog HERE.

I teleported Bob over to skybox that I use as a workspace above the club that Mankind Tracer/Seth Regan and I own. After the initial pleasantries we got right into the interview....


Brandy: I guess the best place to start is how you came to know about SL and why you joined?
You are still a spring chick by your rez date.

Bob: I don't entirely remember... It was something I'd known about for a year or more and had always vaguely thought I'd look into one day. Then eventually that one day arrived!

Brandy: How did your avie evolve... did you start out young and gradually age ?

Bob: I seem to remember someone had told me you could float around being a bubble, and initially my intention was to float around as a bubble called Bob, but then I couldn't find the bubble; however, when I discovered a skin that would allow my inner being to shine, I became Old Lady Bob instead. I do have three or four other avatars, but none human.

Brandy: How "old" is old lady Bob?

Bob: I suspect one may be a Time Lord and thus technically older than me at over 700 years old, but, oh, I'm getting off track aren't I? What an indelicate question! blushes

Brandy: Well, they might get less delicate :P

Bob: But a true lady never reveals her age! My oh my, the values they teach you youngsters. I think I am approximately 70, but I may have lost or gained some birthdays here and there. Sustained space travel will do that to you.

Brandy (kalli.birman): I did meet you at a live music event and have gotten to know you, so I know that you are a music lover.... what other sort of activities keep you occupied in SL?

Bob: Hmm, well, mostly just Bobbling around the place.I am insatiably curious and I like looking at people's profiles.

Brandy: Me too..big time profile perv.

Bob: I have joined some bizarre and peculiar groups and visited some bizarre and peculiar places as a result of profile perving.

Brandy: Could you tell me about some of your more interesting adventures?

Bob : Probably the most interesting involves Nazis and sexual assault. Are you sure you want to hear about the depravaties I have witnessed in my brave and soulsearching search of SL's underground horrors?

Brandy: Well, lets assume we are talking about non- X rated adventures.

Bob: Well they weren't really X-Rated, as the Nazi in question remained fully clothed. I was simply investigating a fascinating fellow I came across at a live music event, and rather than judging, decided to go along and see what these rape fantasy sims were all about. After chasing a handsome young chap around the sim for some minutes, I ran across a griefer in a Nazi uniform, shouting anti-Semitic insults at people.

Brandy: oh no :(

Bob: So I alerted the admins and thus am loved wherever I go. Even as an old lady chasing young men around pervy sex sims.

Brandy: Would you say you are generally loved or do you have a few Bob Haters out there?

Bob: My other most interesting adventures have involved mud-wrestling, but you already know all about those. ( She is referring to the mud wrestling last night at the birth/rez day party of FunkyFreddy Republic at Solace Beach)

Brandy: Ido.

Bob: I am generally loved and adored, tolerated, or ignored. Only people with intense personality disorders dislike me.I know this for a fact, as my psychoastrologist told me.

Brandy: well, I would be in the Love and Adore catergory myself

Bob: Excuse me one moment, BRB

Brandy (kalli.birman): okay

Bob: I have returned. I think I was thinking something about paint brushes on my way back, but what it was has now entirely slipped my mind.

Brandy: Welcome Back :)

Bob: Thank you. I am a little hypnotized by the discovery of prim nails.

Brandy: My blog is going to feature some interesting people around SL... people who might otherwise might not show up in popular publications. I was wondering... what interesting characters have you met and enjoyed the company of?

Bob: That sounds perfect, and something I've meant to do more of, but I'm very bad at putting my brain together enough to write things.I have met YOU, Kalli!

Brandy: :D Thank you Bob.

Bob McBoint (bobmcboint): I have even met Mankind Tracer. I hear he's famous.

Brandy: Oh...yes... he is quite the charmer I hear.

Bob: Ayesha Lytton. I hear she likes watching women mud wrestle.

Brandy: That is a well populated rumor.

Bob: I hope again to run into a Mr Stephen Frypan, who was a small and extremely hilarious green alien I met at a concert.FunkyFreddy Republic, who has a crush on me.QuentinCrispy, Second Life's 2nd most fashionable man.The Infamous Sundai Devinna and her kinky boyfriend Lucas Black! GWAMPA. The genuinely inspirational Bowie Zeplin.

Brandy (kalli.birman): Well, sounds like you meet a lot of people.

Bob: Yesterday I met The Batman, as a matter of fact. He didn't say a great deal however. Shy type.

Brandy: He seems like the strong silent sort. So, Bob, if you could give the general SL population some advice... what would it be?

Bob: I am also most fond of the Hobo crowd, who gave me this haggis hat, which allows me to tell people's fortunes (or so I have recently been caused to discover). That was not an answer to the last question, about which I am pondering. I would tell them that it is extremely important to take a moment to stand up from the computer and stretch their arms, circle their shoulders, and inhale deeply on their bongs. If you want to sing out, sing out! You can be anything you want to be, so why on earth would you waste your time being a stuck up asshole? I would tell them to set free the birds, and leave the sheep unmolested, for we aand nature are one. Ban the bomb, I would cry to them!

Brandy: That is very sage advice and to end any confusion... is Bob short for something?

Bob: I would also have a word or two to them about their socks. But that would be taking the conversation in an entirely wrong direction. Bob is short for many things! In this particular case however, it is short for Roberta. In my day, to take a "male" short form was a feminist statement.

Brandy: I think we need to start a movement to get you on the cover of BOSL Magazine.

Bob: In my past life I was a suffragette, and its influence still holds dear. This is why I sometimes wear stilettos. They're so good for stamping on pesky men's feet with.Oh! What a terrifyingly tingly thought!

Brandy (kalli.birman): How is it terrifying.

Bob: I am merely shivering in anticipation of the fame and fortune and endless attention from men wishing to peel grapes for me that must follow. Sometimes, all I want is a room somewhere. Far away from the cold night air.

Brandy: Speaking of men... do you have many suitors?

Bob McBoint: I have had one or two offers, but on the whole I feel I should stay true to you and to Bowie. I know this is hard for Freddy to take, but it's the way it is.

Brandy: We would appreciate that.

Bob: I will confess that I have, once or twice, propositioned men on kinky sex sims, but for some reason they always leave.

Brandy: Imagine that? A lady of your beauty and they leave.

Bob: However there is one man who I'm holding out for, who, should he cast his roving eye in my direction, should he give me that blessed chance, I would, alas, dump you for... I'm sure you can guess who that is.

Brandy: Lucas?

Bob: Good lord what no. Hahaha you are a bad girl!Gwampa!

Brandy: Oh yes... Gwampa... You would make a great couple I'm sure.

Bob: I have had my eye on him from the moment I first heard the magic of his name. One drunken night, we danced together and he humped me, and my heart has never recovered.

Brandy: oh Bob... I might be a bit jealous.

Bob: I am so terribly sorry. What a slut I am! It's just, something in the way he moves, it attracts me like no other lover.

Brandy: well, I think that about concludes the questions I have... Do you have any final thoughts you would like to leave me with?

Bob: One should never have a final thought on anything. Thoughts, like good bacon sandwiches, should evolve and flow and follow their stream, meandering wither they float and whether they may, drifting like airships unto the yonder. That is my final thought on the matter.




1 comment:

  1. Oh Brandy, thank you for this dear, sweet piece! I hope that you will not be too emotionally devastated to learn, btw, that Bowie Zeplin also beat me at mud wrestling, so you are no longer the sole holder of that precious title. I hope you can forgive me this moment of weakness. xxx Bob

    ReplyDelete