Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Second Life Movie Night

Have you ever wondered how to keep things going long distance? How can you get your real life kids involved while in Second Life? One way I have discovered is a Family Movie Night in Second Life.

No, I don't have SL kids. While I respect everyone's choice to be what they want in SL, adopting child avatars is just not my thing.

My boyfriend and I have always enjoyed watching movies in Second Life. One night when I was over looking for movies at Lightening Video, my daughter came over to the computer to tell me something and noticed I was at the video store. She was looking at the movies with me and suggested I get Kung Fu Panda 2, mostly because she wanted to watch it. This actually gave us an idea! Family movie night in Second Life.

I bought Kung Fu Panda 2 and a few days later, my boyfriend and I parked our avatars in front of our SL television, put the sound on speaker, cammed into the screen and with my daughter and his child we sat in different states watching a movie together. We commented and laughed in local chat during the movie, I even had movie snacks at my home.


Even though we are about 10 hours drive away from each other, that night we were able to share the experience of watching a movie with our kids. It left me with a warm happy feeling that we found a way to act like a family from so far away.



1 comment: